Time

1 comments

A QUICK GLANCE…

at this would probably leave you wondering what in the world I am about to talk about. The title “Time” Star_Trek-_Generations_wallpapers_10337and a picture of Star Trek probably means I about to go off the deep end. Well, let me tell you, ‘Your out of your  Vulcan mind if you think that!” ;)

I don't know if everyone knows what Hulu is but in one word, its “AGreatReasonToCancelCable”. Check it out at www.hulu.com. Not only does it host all the latest TV episodes (i.e. “LOST”) but it also has a ‘movies section” The movies are usually older but some of the goldies are in included.

A FEW NIGHTS AGO…

ago, I saw “Star Trek – Generation” and thought it was worth a shot while i was falling asleep. Let me say now, ‘Engage!” I did in fact become a fan, even with William Shatner trying to play a serious role. Here is the quote that inspired the post though:

Picard: Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all Number One, we're only mortal.
Riker: Speak for yourself sir, I plan to live forever.

I STARTED A NEW BOOK…

today. It is entitled “Last Lecture” by: Randy Pausch. Here is the intro:

A lot of professors give talks titled ‘The Last Lecture.’ Professors are asked to consider their demise and to ruminate on what matters most to them. And while thy speak, audiences cant help but mull the same question: What wisdom would we impart to the world if we knew it was our last chance? If we had to vanish tomorrow, what would we want as our legacy?

When Randy Pausch, a computer science professor at Carnegi Mellon, was asked to give such a lecture, he didn't have to imagine it as his last, since he had recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer. But the lecture he gave - ‘Really achieving Your Childhood Dreams’ – wasn't about dying. It was about the importance of overcoming obstacles, enabling the dreams of others, of seizing every moment (because ‘time is all you have…and you may find one day that you have less than you think’). It was a summation of everything Randy had come to believe. It was about living.

If you want to know how valuable time is, talk to one of these guys. Apparently they know.

WITH THAT…

I give you a challenge.

  1. Do today what you could do tomorrow. Don't wait to fulfill dreams, even if its not in the manner you expected to be. Don’t wait to forgive, forget, or say a nice thing to someone.
  2. Enjoy the clip below.

AND JUST FOR FUN….

some more Star Trek Quotes:

Lursa: Ugh! Human females are so repulsive.

[Wiping blood off her mouth after Soran strikes her]
B'Etor: I hope, for your sake, that you were initiating a mating ritual.

Dr. Soran: [to Geordi] Normal is what everyone else is and you are not.

Kirk: Did we make a difference?
Picard: Oh, yes. We made a difference.

Kirk: You left spacedock without a tractor beam?
Harriman: It doesn't arrive until Tuesday.

Dr. Soran: They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives.
[softly]
Dr. Soran: I know you understand.

Dr. Soran: Now, if you'll have to excuse me, Captain. I have an appointment with eternity and I don't want to be late.

Kirk: Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that chair.

Picard: If there is one thing I have learned, Number One, is never underestimate a Klingon.

Dale Out.



1 comment:

  1. I've become more and more aware of my "time." I enjoy your posts. They're always insightful...and this song continues to be good...even if it is ridiculously monotonous.

    ReplyDelete