ARE YOU GETTING THE POINT?

3 comments

There has started to be a pretty common theme in my blogs. It is one of optimism and hope. Its about seeing the best in people and in your circumstances. I hope this post can do some justice to what I want to say.

BISHOP HENRY WESTBROOK

If there was ever a definition of a man that could open his heart to anyone, I would have to say it was him. He was always the first to admit on Fast and Testimony Sundays that he was going to need a box of tissue. Today, however, he unfortunately passed away in an unexpected accident. Don’t you dare think that you deserve more time than him.

LIVE LIKE YOU WERE DYING.

Scott asked me some interesting questions a few days ago. Here is a brief recap of the conversation:

Scott: If you were knew you were going to die in a few months, would you live differently?

Dale: Absolutely! I would backpack Europe, see the pyramids, do a walk-about in the outback, the whole nine yards!

Scott:Why? and Why don't you live that way now?

Dale:Well because it’s not the most productive way to live. If i was dying, I wouldn't need to be productive. Doing whatever I fancied would be the most productive thing to do at that point.

Scott: What about love? Would you date differently? Be more open with people?

Dale:Yeah I suppose I would.

Scott: Well why don’t you do THAT now?

Dale: I dunno.

I Loved Deeper and I Spoke Sweeter and I Gave Forgiveness I’d Been Denying.…

I took him up on the challenge. You see, I have been harboring some feeling for quite some time now. Maybe it was typical guy stuff. Not wanting to face the truth and trying to avoid it. Whatever the cause was though, it was tearing me up. I think they call it Love.

Now, I’m pretty new to this ‘love’ topic. Ok, lets get real, when It comes to ‘love’ I'm more lost than the needle in the haystack is. But I did learn something recently. Are you ready for the secret? Here it is:

“Say what you need to say”

For some reason I’ve been afraid to say it. But can you imagine the relationships that could develop if you were only more open with friends and family? Bishop Westbrook did. When he looked at me, I could see that he didn't care what I had done or where I had been. He had the ability to see the good in anyone.

WHAT IM SAYIN IS…

Maybe ‘living life like your dying’ IS, at least in part, backpacking Europe, seeing the Egyptian temples, and skydiving. However, I have no problem saying that Henry Westbrook lived life to the fullest. He loved deeper, spoke sweeter, and gave forgiveness without denying. Besides, we have our own temples.;)

God Bless Bishop Henry Westbrook.



3 comments:

  1. Dale, I like what you have to say about everything. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me so thankful that our family won't have any empty chairs in our heavenly home =)

    Megan Walden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm motivated now, lets see what I can make happen now.

    ReplyDelete