Tanya Ferguson A.K.A - “Mom”

8 comments

 

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

I’m going to hope that no one gets offended at what I’m about to say (and if you do, frankly, you can go climb a tree) but, I have “THE WORLDS BEST MOM.” Period. The roles that she plays in my life are endless and I hope with what I am about to say, I can at least do them some justice.

Tomorrow is her birthday. And what kind of  stripling warrior son would I be if i didn’t wish my mom a happy birthday? So here goes;)

family 

FRIEND

My mother is one of my best friends. I probably call her too much. I can hear it in her voice when she picks up the phone, that “What Dale? What? This is the 3rd time you have called today! But I’m going to pretend to be interested in idle chat with you because I love you” tone. (and lets get real, sometimes I call just to bug her;) She is patient, forgiving, and selfless. At times she gives me counsel, and, whether I want to listen or not, I am appreciative because I know that there is some in this world that loves me enough to tell me what I need to hear and not always what I want to hear.

TEACHER

In my last post, I mentioned one of the lessons that she taught me. Here are just a few of the others that she has taught.

  1. As mentioned earlier, “Christ found his followers when they were working, the Devil finds his when their idle."
  2. Clean. Now and not later.
  3. Look for the best in people.
  4. Be respectful.
  5. Things aren't going well? So what? Figure it out.
  6. Love for family.
  7. Every Christ-like trait mentioned in D&C4.
  8. The importance of a Mother in the home.
  9. How to support others
  10. Maybe even a thing or two about cooking;)

MOTHER

I guess this is the most important role. Mom, I know you told me not to tell Dad but, I don't think he will care. Every time I get back on a plane to leave home, Mom gives me one last hug, shakes my hand, slips a $20 into it, and whispers, “Don't tell your dad!” Ha ha. I think that characterizes how she is. Helping me to the point of her own detriment.

Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, to teach them to love and serve one another, to observe the commandments of God and to be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations.

                                                                                                      -The Family: A Proclamation to the World

I don’t think that she has anything to worry about.

 

Happy Birthday Mom -

Love Dale.

P.S. – Hey Jodi and Chris, Beat that for brownie points;)…….j/k



8 comments:

  1. wow no pressure for the best present ever.. thanks Dale! But i can agree with you that I have the best mom ever since she is one in the same!!

    and im just going to say dido to evertyhing you said abou ther because i agree 100% to all of it!

    Mother you are amazing and have taught me everything i need to know and passed a few things such as your winning charm and good looks down to me(:

    I love you mother! and hope your card isnt to later!!!

    Christina(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to an awesome lady with awesome kids (they paid me to say that...jk). Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tanya hope you have a great bday!!


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness....how do i respond to this? Yes, Dale and Christina I cried, thanks for that...lol
    I am soooo greatful to have such an awesome family. You have said what every mom wants to hear. Thanks, my day has been made now...I need nothing else for my birthday except for my middle child to leave a comment, no pressure Jodi,..lol...Thanks again for all the b-day wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww!! que lindo!! =)

    mama fergie hope you have an extremely wonderful bday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOU! happy birthday ..hope to see you soon. \


    megz

    ReplyDelete