There’s a Place For Us…

0 comments

 

Blog Changes50-Awesome-Happy-New-Year-2011-Desktop-Wallpapers

So if you have visited my blog before, you may notice that I’ve gotten a new layout set up. I don’t want to spend a lot of time on it , but it functions pretty much like the previous one did. One notable improvement is the tabs on the top. They have different links. Forgive me if the pages they link so is not completely set up yet.

New Years

Last year, I made a pretty big focus on identifying some goals and making myself accountable to them. I failed at this, quite miserably actually. Looking back at my goals, I realized that I didn’t do very well with them. I think most of them are still applicable. In all honesty, I think that in this past year, I haven't only not gotten any closer, but I’ve fallen farther away. I cant very well expect to progress until I’ve made some minor course corrections.

Every now and then, my elders (in years) say something worthy of their title (actually its probably a lot more than I give them credit for). I’m going to paraphrase something my grandmother said.

“I was watching the news this morning and a ‘de facto’ on the subject on New Years Resolutions came on and suggested that in order to make our New Years Resolutions effective, we shouldn’t focus on the goals but instead focus on recreating ourselves to be able to accomplish the goals. I thought to myself, ‘How would I reinvent myself?’ Then the answer came, ‘I wouldn’t. its taken me most of my life to become the person I am today and I’m perfectly happy with who I am.”

No I don’t think I'm quite to that point yet. But I’ve got a plan to get there.

My New Years Resolution

I hated Jr High. Its composed of a bunch of sweaty little want-to-be teenagers who don’t really know who they are. I feel like if I truly understood the importance of reaching my goals, I would try harder. Unfortunately I’m not at the point where I can say to myself, ‘Self, I’m perfectly happy with who we are.’

My mission president always told us that ‘Repentance’ isn't a check list. Its about the light and the dark and where you stand in relation to the two. Its about standing a little taller and holding your chin a little higher everyday. So that’s what I’ll do. I’m to focus on becoming a better person and I’ll let the goals follow. I have a lot of big decisions and some tough challenges to go through in the year that comes but I don’t want to make/do them at my worst. Ill do them at my best.

 

There's a place out there for us.

More than just a prayer – or anything you’ve ever dreamed of.

So when you feel like giving up ‘cause you don’t fit in down here

Fear, Its crashing in. Close your eyes and take my hand.

We could be the Kings and Queens of anything if We believe

It’s written in the stars that shine above

A world where you and I belong. Where faith and love will keep us strong

Exactly who we are is just enough, there's a place for us.

 

From “The Chronicles of Narnia – The Voyage of the Dawn Treader” – Enjoy (and forgive the pink–Words are important/relevant anyway)


Post a Comment