[an-tis-uh-pey-shuhn]

1 comments

Such is the state of life, that none are happy but by the anticipation of change: the change itself is nothing; when we have made it, the next wish is to change again.
Samuel Johnson

The anticipation is killing me.

anticipation-fat-kid-sumo-demotivational-poster-1261438409

Seriously. It is Monday night right now and in less than 30 hrs ill be on my way to Peru. Actually, Ill be on my way to Lima by way of Miami but who cares about the details?

I have had shots, dentist appointments, even talked the optometrist into giving me a free pair of contacts to hold me over for my trip. I’ve forwarded bills, created budgets and packing lists, and I’ve thought everything through that I can think of that I have enough information on to make relevant. All that being said, I’m still going to forget stuff. I mine as well just except it. Matter of fact, I've decided that , as with most of life, the one thing  that you can count on NOT happing is the thing you PLAN to happen. Either way, here is the plan so far.

I meet up with Alessandra at George Bush International around 5 and fly to Miami where we stay until like 1 in the morning. Then we spend all night on a flight to Lima and arrive at about 7 in the morning. One of my old mission comps are going to meet me there in Lima. From Thursday  until Saturday night – it’s all about Lima. Baldeon and I have only really set one goal so far and that is for him to learn how to swim. Apparently he hasn’t done that yet. Ill probably end up staying at one of the hostels by the beach for the few nights I'm in Lima. Nice thing about that is that they aren't but about $10 a night. Saturday night, we will get on a bus to Trujillo and spend the next 8 hours there. Sunday morning, we will get to Trujillo. From that point until April 18th – I really have no idea what is going to happen. So far, the only thing I really know is that we are suppose to teach classes but we both don’t feel comfortable enough with our spanish to do it. To bad we don’t have a choiceWinking smile.

 

Wish me luck.

Dale out



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you to have this chance! Embrace every new experience, and enjoy all of it--remember, any "bad" ones will probably be the ones you talk about most for the rest of your life. Keep your head up, eyes and ears open, and HAVE FUN!!! Oh, and I'm pretty sure your Spanish is good enough to get you through ;) Love you!! The Pellerins

    ReplyDelete