God Bless Texas

2 comments

2010-05-21 20.13.29

Yesterday was a long day. You know, one of those days where you wake up, your eyes pop open, and you realize that it might be better to pretend like your alarm clock didn't go off? Guilt got the best of me however and I did it. I got up and started my day.

I’m not going to tell you about the next 14 hours of work. Instead I’m going to tell you of the 2 hours that kept me going.

On Thursday evening, Dad packed up and headed to the lake to set up camp. Friday, during the day, Mom and26018_405036183553_659473553_4846228_1213691_n Christina left to join him. That's how I got left at the house by myself working. I got as much done as I could. Then, finally at about 6:30, I took off towards Jasper. I took the Jeep. For those of you who don’t know, I have a Jeep here in Texas and the Jeep has me;) Its a 93’ Red 4X4 Jeep Wrangler. So with no top, radio turned up, and  cool set of shades, I left my worries, responsibilities, and some sleeping gear in little  Buna Texas.

For nearly two hours, I was free. You hear old adages such as, ‘Nothing but me and the open road’ or ‘riding of into the sunset’ or ‘it’s not about the ride, but the journey.’ Yeah, I did that.

I’m not sure what everyone else thinks ‘fresh air’ smells like but I got a whole bunch yesterday. For me, it smells like fresh cut grass, a cool summer breeze, a friendly bonfire, and a touch of manure all rolled into one. Combine that with a beautiful Texas sunset and you’ll understand why everyone else knows that “God blessed Texas with his own hands”

Can I get an Amen?

 

~Dale out~



2 comments:

  1. Amen from mom also...we did have a great weekend camping and smelling of the fresh air but not sure manure fit in that good ole' fresh air ...lol

    ReplyDelete